Everyone loves to have healthy hair and to help you keep your hair in good health; here we’ve come up with a health care guide. Following this simple guide, you’ll be able to adapt to a healthy hair care routine and know the dos and don’ts of daily hair care.
You can’t keep your hair in the trendiest style unless they are not strong and healthy. Invest in your hair care; buy healthy hair care products and spend some time to keep your hair healthy on daily basis.
Some people have naturally good hair and they don’t need to apply a lot of things to make them healthier. But some of us have friend and frizzy hair, so those of us have to see what type of hair products (homemade or artificial) will give their hair a better shape and texture. When we talk about natural hair, it implies what is our natural hair care routine and how we want our hair to look naturally?
The frequency with which we wash, condition, and brush our hair affects all of us differently. So one rule doesn’t apply to all of us; we all need different hair care routines to follow. So go through this list to see what suits your health care routine and what exciting new thing comes in to your knowledge that you’ve not tried yet.
1. We all have different standards set for our natural hair. It is a self-taught and self-empowered movement, and it depends on how much informed we are. So it’s your personal knowledge and preferences whether you want to straighten or curl your hair every single day or you prefer rocking a TWA that enables you to enjoy a just wash-and-go look.
2. I’ve heard many people saying bad things about their hair. They tell others that their hair are unmanageable or frizzy that they can’t do anything about it. Remember that your hair are not an animal that can be tamed, they are an extension and a skin type so you should own them in the first place.
3. Trichologists are hair and scalp care specialists and they emphasize on an overall health improvement in order to have healthy hair. Your eating and sleeping habits, levels of stress, physical examinations, frequency to wash and brush your hair all matters a lot. Try to eat as much protein and iron as possible to make your hair stronger. If you experience a lot of hair shedding in shower, this could be due to stress.
4. Don’t forget to cover your head before swimming in the pool because pool water contains salt and chlorine in higher quantities so it can damage your hair. Swimmers usually suffer from split ends and hair color striping issues so it is advisable to damp your hair with a leave-in conditioner before you go for a swim.
5. Sun bathing is good for your skin but repeated sun exposure for longer hours can damage your hair and turn them dry and cause faster fading of your hair dying. Throw a wide hat on your head and cover your braid in a scarf before you sun bath next time. Use UVA and UVB protected shampoos and conditioners and an SPF fortified spray to help protect damage caused by ultraviolet rays of sun.
6. If your job requires a lot of field work every day, you should invest in buying good quality clarified shampoo that cleanses all build up chemicals and products from the roots of your hair. Also before going for a color treatment, you should use this kind of shampoo.
7. When buying hair products, always consider the type of your hair. Dry hair needs moisturizing products whereas oily hair need oil regulating hair products that purify their hair of all dirt and excess oil.
8. Do know the basics of healthy hair brushing routine. Brush your hair every morning as it helps reducing loose scales and dirt. It also stimulates blood supply that in turn improves your hair health. Using a hair brush on wet hair doubles your hair loss.
Use a wide tooth comb, preferably a wooden comb on wet hair. And start combing at the ends instead of your roots as it will detangle your hair faster. Also brush once before you sleep. For longer hair, best brushing technique is to head forward all your hair and brush from back to front. Regularly clean your hair brushes and combs with soapy water for better hygiene.
9. Avoid tying your hair into a ponytail or bun when they are wet as it stretches your hair roots and cause hair fall.
10. Do eat foods containing healthy fatty acids because when you’ll eat healthy, your hair will reflect it too.
11. And last but not least, besides following these dos and don’ts of daily hair care, visit your hair stylist regularly and on each appointment, prepare a list of your health concerns and ask him to advice.