19 Surprising Health Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water
When you open a green, tender coconut that is undamaged, you find fresh pure water inside it, and this is associated with a lot of health benefits as we’ll discuss in this post. This liquid is unsweetened and sterile and it contains a good amount of essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and electrolytes.
The below image highlights the health benefits of drinking coconut water and it also shows a few disadvantages of drinking it in unreasonably high quantities. We also have another article where we discussed about the beauty benefits of coconut water for skin and hair and you can read it here.
Coconut water naturally tastes nutty and a bit sweet and it is low in calories and totally fat free. It really contains more potassium than bananas and is easily digestible since it consists of good carbohydrates. But don’t confuse the nutritional value of natural coconut water with high fat coconut milk or juices available in the market.
When you buy an unflavored and unsweetened coconut water pack or simply break a coconut, you’ll find a clear liquid in the middle of the fruit that contains 1.3 g of healthy sugar, 5.45mg of sodium, and 61 mg of potassium.
Health Benefits of Drinking Coconut Water
1. It helps prevent bloating and as soon as you take a few sips of fresh coconut water, you feel less gassiness.
2. Since it boosts your blood circulation, it helps control diabetes symptoms and broadens your blood vessels that are narrowed due to build up and it also reduces the symptoms of atherosclerosis.
3. Health benefits of drinking coconut water are mainly due to its antioxidant properties. It reduces swelling in hands and feet due to excessive fatigue, ageing, or injuries. It is frequently recommended to drug addicts and patients taking antibiotics for months.
4. Taking coconut water as your first drink early in the morning is a proven remedy to burn extra calories.
5. This healthy water accelerates the urine flow and is commonly used as a diuretic. Children specialists often recommend it to cure intestines worms in young kids. Try to mix it with fresh lemon juice to make it tasty for children.
6. Use coconut water for bone development in kids as it is high in calcium that is necessary for the healthy growth of tissues and muscles.
7. It is also known to reduce muscle cramps since it contains high amount of potassium, lacking in it produces cramps in your muscles and tissues.
8. It contains bioactive enzymes including RNA polymerases, folic acid, and diastase and that’s why it is taken to boost metabolism and digestion. It is also richer in zinc and manganese as compared with other fruits such as oranges.
9. Since it contains potassium so it is recommended in kidney diseases especially to remove kidney stones. It alkalizes your urine hence prevents stone formation in kidneys.
10. Due to numerous health benefits of coconut water it is recommended by physicians to cure several diseases such as cardiovascular disease. Drinking it on regular basis helps prevent heart strokes and also increases the good cholesterol in your body.
11. It contains thiamine and other vitamin B derivatives making it a natural recommendation to fight anxiety and frustration.
12. Coconut water is widely used to counteract the poisonous effects of constipation, food poisoning, heart burns, and dengue fever.
13. It moisturizes your skin, hydrates it, and gives it an unbelievably radiant glow. Drinking coconut water regularly cures acne, blackheads, and blemishes on your face.
14. It also contains anti-ageing properties and removes the effects of chemicals, cosmetics, and pollution. The presence of cytokines in coconut water gives it incredible anti-ageing property enabling your skin look younger and fresher.
15. When your skin is tanned due to excessive sun exposure or you see dark patches on your skin, use coconut water to help cure these problems. It works way better than chemical laden SPF products.
16. You can also use coconut water for its anti-inflammatory properties as it is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-microbial so confidently drink it to cure skin infections.
17. Coconut water is also used to fight hair problems such as dandruff, hair loss, and frizzy hair. Although you should massage it on your scalp for maximum benefits, but drinking it few times a week also helps cure these hair problems.
18. Due to its anti-bacterial properties, it is good to take during pregnancy as it will help you fight illnesses and infections during that period. It also boosts your amniotic fluid levels and improves fetus health.
19. It is low in sugar and sodium that makes it a healthy energy booster because it doesn’t increase your sugar level but restores your energy by providing you essential nutrients like calcium, potassium, and chloride.
I am wonder through this post the superb benefits of coconut water. It is seeming that is like a perfect medicine which protect us lots of diseases. I am sure that a person who take coconut water daily can never suffer with any type of disease. It is a natural gift of god to fit our body.